Re: Sloan waning etc.

At 07:52 PM 12/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Had they released an album a year after
>their last one, say last July, would they still be one of your favorites?
>No band does that, certainly not any band that has to go out on the road
>and tour for more than the usual few weeks across the country.

I would disagree....serveral bands release two records less then/around one
year apart and have heavy tour schedules. One band that comes to mind is
Guided By Voices who were more or less told by Matador they would only
release one record per year, when the band wanted to release at least two
per year(cira Alien Lanes). I could care less actually when a band releases
an album, I think people should remember its quality not quantity. I'd
rather the band wait two years (or more if need be) to release something of
content and worthwhile (see: Liz Phair, My Bloody Valentine and such), then
go into the studio within a year just to record something to have it out.

-=S=-