Re: Sloan waning attention

DDYW wrote:

> << when their new album does come out, they'll have a bit more competition
>  for the esteemed title of "my favorite band". Which really doesn't
>  matter if it's just me. But if alot of others feel the same way, it
>  could unfortunately hurt them. Sorry guys. >>
>
> That is unlikely to hurt Sloan, unless you mean hurt their feelings or
> something.

Take the Spice Girls (sorry to mention them everyone) for instance.
Their
marketing created a craze. If people just bought their cd and went to
their
shows and thought they sang good music, they wouldnt be as big as they
are
now. Without craze, bands don't make it. Without a band being a few
peoples
favorite, there's no craze. I think this definately has an impact on a
band.

--
ps: have you checked out my JALE SITE yet? |

 SloanNet shirts still available! Now only $16
w/S&H!