Re: ECMAs

Hey friends,

>  nominated for best alternative:  elevator to hell, the inbreds,
>  plumtree, julie doiron, and the super friendz

Kudos. They all deserve to be nominated.

>  oh yeah and sloan is nominated for best video and best single for
>  everything you've done wrong.

Sloan worshipping aside... Who else agrees that "everything you've
done wrong" _is_ the best all-around song to come out of the
Maritimes in the past year? I mean, think about it, it's catchy, it's
interesting, it's shown mass appeal (I know that sounds odd in a
medium that praises the indie way of recording/producing, but when
you've got a good song, people are bound to notice... And let's face
it, people did not start listening to this song because it was easy
for the average Joe to play on guitar... I've yet to find someone who
can follow me on even the basic chords, forget the
let's-flub-this-one-and-see-what-happens variations on Bmaj7 and the
coda), and we haven't grown bored of it, even if we've been bombarded
by it ever since it first came out.

Bittersweet victories: My cousin-in-law J.P. Cormier gets nominated
for best instrumentalist of the year (was it?) (Note: since J.P. is
in no way an alternative artist, this cannot be considered
name-dropping.), and the last time I saw him and his wife (my cousin)
Hilda, they made me feel like I _was_ the average Joe on the street.
Just because I said "hi" inside a fight, then tried to say I was
sorry for walking in at the inopportune time. But then again, that's
my problem, I shouldn't post it here, so forget I mentioned it. For
those about to flame, we delete you.

Ah, well, back to mono (shows which Sloaner I prefer),
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)