Re: Sellouts and RadioSonic

> i agree with you that treble charger changed their music a bit when
> going to the major label but not too much, when they went to the major
> the had the ability to produce what they thought to be a better quality
> of music.

obviously we disagree so it's a moot point to argue, but my reasons
for saying it is not as good an album is that the music seems to
lacjk the heart of, say, their first album. I guess part of this is
just a natural reaction to success - Guided By Voices, for example,
have lost the kind of homegrown "music for the sake of music" feeling
they had in the past since they went for a cleaner sound.....I still
love them, and Mag Earwhig is a great album, but it just isn't as
good as something like Bee Thousand.

> Sloan changed about the same for twice removed (on a different
> level of course) creating a beautiful although different sound.

I don't really see the comparison between that and Treble
Charger....with twice removed, sloan just went in a completely
different direction and came up with an amazing album....TC on the
other hand just  buttered up the same style to make it more appealing
to a general audience

> rereleasing red because they love the song and want it to get more
> exposure, they lost the original tapes and had to record it over. I
> don't think you can "slag" them too badly because they want to get "red"
> exposed now that they have enough money to promote it properly

i would agree if they had merely released the song to a small local
area or something, but they had alreayd gone full out on it by
making a video (which got considerable airplay on Much considering)
and pushing the song to the best of their abilities at the time. the
only advantage i can see by rereleasing it is making more money and
having a chance of it being on the countdown or something