Re: warning: semi-long news item! sloan considers releasing

Shant Pelley <ag344\!/chebucto.ns.ca> had this to say about Re: warning: semi-long news item! s

}i look at it this way. i'd rather have 35-45 minutes of good music and
}not have to worry about filler crap.

True, but how does a band with too many songs decide what's filler
and what's utter crap.  Hard to be objective with your own babies.
"Well, Sarah's pretty, and Jimmy's clever, and Billy's athletic, and
Julie's polite, but we only have three seats in the back of the
Toyota, so which one of the kids doesn't go on vacation with us?"

}kiss' "dressed to kill" clocks in at less than 30 minutes, and i
}(*OPINION HERE*) don't think there's a bad song on the album!

I can't disagree on that one! :)  But I'll note again that they'd
released a fine album six months earlier, and released another six
months later.

}sorta like how the beatles' "1962-66" 2 cd compilation. it could have all
}fit onto one cd with plenty of extra space, however, in keeping with the
}original concept of the double lp as well as the second one (and those
}great apple logos on each disc) it was kept as a double.

Yes, I have this on cassette, and what a pain it is to flip the
tapes every 15 minutes.  Whereas the Rolling Stones double
collection was rightly stuffed onto one cassette.

}you can fit 79-some-odd minutes onto a cd. very rarely is it worth it to
}do so.

Yeah, but does that make it not worth trying?
Andrew