Re: Several Points (plus other stuff)

James wrote:
At 11:06 PM 11/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>2) In regard to the Double - albums are terrible statement, and a poster
>being hard pressed to name a recent good example, I'd just like to say
>three words: Wilco's "Being There."  Those of you who know what I'm talking
>about know what I'm talking about.

Great album! Anyway, Wilco took a nice paycut to be able to release the
double album at the price of a single album. Bravo! Would Sloan even
consider such a thing? I wouldn't bet on it..

>4) MP3 Files! Alright! Tell me, what's the name of the program that pays
>royalties to the artists? Oh, hey, that's right. There isn't one. MP3 File
>Recorder = Scumbag.

I couldn't agree more! It's great to see that webmasters and such companies
like Geocities are beginning to disallow such items on peoples user space.

Colin wrote:
At 03:44 PM 11/13/97 -0330, you wrote:
>Plus does anyone want to trade for my extra good in everyone cd single.
>It's a good find.

How is this a good find? It's a CDsingle that has 2 versions of GIE. One
album version and the other the exact same without the audience noise. It's
not that special...

Someone wrote:
>I'm trying to think of a lengthy release of new music to use as an
>example and can't.

A great example is the Tortoise release 'Millions Now Living Will Never
Die'. I believe that the album clocks in at 74+ mins, including the 20
min.+ lead off track 'Djed'. Although this album is not for everyone, fans
of Eno and jazz/dub music should give this album a spin.

TBA,
-=S=-

                                   ShAwN MoRrIS

                < "We were made in the 70's, Bunked the 80's, and >
                <   are making noisy pop rekkords in the 90's"    >
                <                             -Kris Dweeb         >
                ICQ # 4691419                 shawnm\!/webgate.net