5/6ths year best of & Weasel Faced Judge

    Hello all,

    I don't believe anybody has mentioned Change of Heart's Steelteeth for best Canadian album so I shall.  I guess Ian Blurton's anti-East Coast-hype bias doomed this release from the get go (see "Sleric's Lip" & "Halifax Facial").  It's a shame considering how strong this album is, but predictable in light of how sparsely attended the band's two shows were at Granville Hall this past summer.  Your loss if you didn't go.
    Best non Canadian album would be either Pavement's Brighten the Corners or the Melvins' Honky.
    Most ignored, but still pretty solid e.p. from Halifax: Fairies by Cleveland Steamer.

    Anybody know what's up with Weasel Faced Judge?  I haven't seen hide nor hair of them in the past couple of years.  The last time I saw them was with the Tim Robbins Experience at the Oasis sometime between whenever the Deuce closed and the Birdland opened.  Superb show by a band that clearly never fit in with the scene.  Could have had the phrase "art damaged" invented for them personally.

Cheers,
Nick