Re: A clarifier (disclaimer)

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Tyler Hellard wrote:

> I wonder if this could potentially spawn a Hip Club Groove disscussion?                                            \_)

Unfortunately, the nerds-that-be have gotten over their condescending
infatuation with hip-hop. Pity. The entire music industry on the east
coast refuses to take hip-hop and black music in general seriously. Why
hasn't Murder or Cinnamon toast promoted artists like MC Skillz or
Nathan the Alien? Sloan complain that they are ignored because they don't
fit in to the predominately Celtic and traditional scene; but at least
they get some occasional recognition.

Proof that the industry is racist: Ashley MacIsaac winning the ECMA for
best hip-hop artist, for fiddling over a drum loop.

Shame,shame.