Re: Random Thoughts

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, sappy wrote:

> Best Canadian album--

> 2) Slide Show--this used to be #1 until it was displaced by the above.
> It is still good, though, and was the only thing I listened to (over and
> over and over again) at one point.  A stellar collection of songs, too
> bad it had to be their last.

I have to place this as my #1.  Probably the most influential album in a
long time for me.

> Best Non-Canadian album--
>
> Modest Mouse s/t ep--frenetic angsty vocals set to a dance beat

Have you heard Modest Mouse's new one "The Lonely and Crowded West"?
Absolutely phenomenal!!!  If you haven't checked out this band yet, I
think you should. They put on one of the best live shows in the Western
U.S.  They are on UP records if anyone wants to check them out.
-terry