Re: Random Thoughts

>I think the best record of the year, non-Canadian, would have to be Belle
>and Sebastian's "If You're Feeling Sinister".  Rock and Roll.  Not a bad
>song on it.  For Canadian, I'm going to have to go with the now de-funct
>SuperFriendz "Slide Show".  Not just because it's their last album,
>because it's their best and there was a month at the end of the summer
>when I couldn't go a day without at least hearing "Prattle On".  I don't
>know what's going on with Pluto, but you must really want to; you
>mentioned them twice...
>					mandy

Here's my picks. Better late than never I suppose.

Best Records of the year, in the non-Canadian category: (no order, too tough
to decide)

Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
        I got this record at the first of the summer, and loved it to death,
  and still do, although I haven't been listening to it as much as I should
  be lately. I also noticed that it made number 10 in Rolling Stone's
  top Alternative Albums. Wow. didn't expect that

Radiohead - OK Computer
        I'm listening to this now, and it's probably my number one pick of
  any category. Pure brilliance...

Kula Shaker - Summer Sun EP
        More of the standard Kula Shaker stuff. Great fun.

Canadian:

Super Friendz - Slide Show
        I was looking forward to more SFZ stuff, but I guess this will be
  the final Super Friendz recording I ever own...

Thrush Hermit - Sweet Homewrecker
        This album rocks, and is definately one of the best of the year.
  Thrush Hermit are getting better with every passing day, I swear...

Eric's Trip - Long Day's Ride Till Tomorrow
        I can't even remember if this was released in 1997 or not, but
  anyway, I really liked it, even though it's a rarities disc...

That's it for now!

Chris