Re: The Wooden Stars

---Stardust Music <stardust\!/ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> you foolishly said :
>
> -The Wooden Stars (opened for The Inbreds) were
horrible at the show.  I don't know what
> the problem was, but the lead singer (shaved hair)
was being REALLY obnoxious and had the
> nerve to make a joke while the Inbreds were playing
Any Sense of Time...In my opinion,
> they're far from "good enough" to be sporting the
attitude they had, and to me, they were
> just an annoying "rip-off" of The Local Rabbits.  I
haven't heard much from either band
> so i don't know if that's a valid thought, but....
>
> I say:
>
> You are "far from credible enough" to be calling a
band like The Wooden Stars a "rip-off"
> of The Local Rabbits.  The Wooden Stars aren't
flashy showmen like the Rabbits, and they
> also are NOT blues-rock players.  As good as The
Local Rabbits are, what you said is just
> insulting and wrong.  I wasn't at the show you're
talking about, but The Wooden Stars on
> a bad day are better than most bands at the best of
times.  The Wooden Stars are more
> than "good enough" to "sport" any attitude they
want, but they don't - they are really
> nice guys, and are good friends of The Inbreds.  If
you can't joke with your friends, who
> can you joke with?  Why not write Sappy and get
yourself a copy of Mardi Gras - easily
> the best record of 97.  I think everybody should
own a copy of this record.

> Brendan

Man you are sooooo right on when you say Mardi Gras
is the best record of 97(best so far). It disgusts me
to hear someone slag them, especially one who
obviously has no clue what they're about.  Wooden
Stars are a phenomenal band, and  to call them an
"annoying" Local Rabbits "rip off" is ludicrous.  Was
this person actually listening when they played? What
were you doing when they were playing?  And to call
them obnoxious is so far off base. The Wooden Stars
are a truly special band, and Brendan is right,
everyone should buy a copy of Mardi Gras.