obscure rome plows trivia.

i notice in today's halifax herald that one of
the five books of poetry nominated for the
governor general's award this year is
_apparatus_ by don mckay.

probably very few of you have seen this book,
but the image on the front is a drum pedal.

that image is a reference to one of the poems,
which happens to be about drumming and is
dedicated to andy miller, the rome plows drummer,
who did his m.a. in english
under the supervision of don mckay.

everyone run out and buy it now, ok?

james

james r. covey <jrcovey\!/cochran.com> http://www.cochran.com/staff/jrcovey/
        PO box 34082, scotia square RPO, halifax NS b3j 3s1 canada
"I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on,
    I go into another room and read a good book." -- Groucho Marx