Re: TH in Waterloo cancelled

hi kidz,

> >I just called the University of Waterloo Federation of Students and
> they
> >told me that the Thrush Hermit/Local Rabbits matinee at the Bombshelter
> >this Saturday has been CANCELLED. Shitty.

> Does anyone know if this is just an isolated cancelation or is it wide
> spread, ie Windsor on the Friday night.  Thanks.

I believe this is an isolated situation.  I also believe someone finally
looked at a map and realized that the University of Waterloo is NOT in
London, Ontario.  Sheesh.

Here's the theory: the Hermits were scheduled to play a matinee show at
the University of Waterloo (in Waterloo, Ontario) this Saturday.  The
same night, they are playing the Embassy, in London, Ontario.  If you
visit their website (http://www.thrushhermit.com) they have U of Waterloo
listed as being in London.  Someone must have screwed up what city the
University of Waterloo is located in...  I've had a sneaking suspicion
they didn't know what they were up to, because I didn't see how they
could do a matinee show in Waterloo, and drive to London in time for
soundcheck and stuff (these cities are about 1.5 hrs apart)

Any chance of them playing here when they're returning to Halifax?

				...sizzle teen

---
      carol nishitoba  :)   3B E.R.S., co-op   ccnishit\!/fes.uwaterloo.ca
         http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/2563/sfzmain.html
                Poster Girl Records & _in the meantime..._ zine