from calgary.  like superchunk.  apparently.

>Syrup USA

seana carmody from the swirlies does her new poppier thing.
stereolab lite, and not in a bad way.

as far as we can tell, someone from BMG must be sleeping
with one of the organizers.  :-)

>Soaking Up Jagged

art school band.  imagine mark from the fall singing lead
for an altered version of the cramps or mc5 with laura stein's
long-lost sister playing bass and you've got the basic idea.
surreal.  mannered.  disjointed.  rock.

>Teen Wolf

the latest wayne "guitar god of halifax" macpherson project.
more classic-rockish this time, apparently.

>Red Pony

from boston?

from toronto?

full-fledged un-ironic country band.  but on sub pop, so they
must be good, right?

jon from pest 5000 indulges his weird spacey side.  actually,
he only has weird sides.

james r. covey <jrcovey\!/cochran.com> http://www.cochran.com/staff/jrcovey/
        PO box 34082, scotia square RPO, halifax NS b3j 3s1 canada
"I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on,
    I go into another room and read a good book." -- Groucho Marx