Re: HOM

>Straight

from calgary.  like superchunk.  apparently.

>Syrup USA

seana carmody from the swirlies does her new poppier thing.
stereolab lite, and not in a bad way.

>Copyright

as far as we can tell, someone from BMG must be sleeping
with one of the organizers.  :-)

>Soaking Up Jagged

art school band.  imagine mark from the fall singing lead
for an altered version of the cramps or mc5 with laura stein's
long-lost sister playing bass and you've got the basic idea.
surreal.  mannered.  disjointed.  rock.

>Teen Wolf

the latest wayne "guitar god of halifax" macpherson project.
more classic-rockish this time, apparently.

>Red Pony

from boston?

>Admiral

from toronto?

>Holler

full-fledged un-ironic country band.  but on sub pop, so they
must be good, right?

>Starbean

jon from pest 5000 indulges his weird spacey side.  actually,
he only has weird sides.

james

james r. covey <jrcovey\!/cochran.com> http://www.cochran.com/staff/jrcovey/
        PO box 34082, scotia square RPO, halifax NS b3j 3s1 canada
"I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on,
    I go into another room and read a good book." -- Groucho Marx