al tuck rocked the house!

al tuck, diomio gelato/cinnamon toast headquarters (hfx),last sat night,10pm
 al tuck wore his infamous "CHiPs"-style motorcycle cop sunglasses while
 entertaining a packedtotherafters crowd with his typically dry humor &
 fine picking during a 45min set plagued by sound problems (phil
 sedore,formerly of black pool,was longhaired tech),which miraculously
 disappeared after a local news cameraman left & the lighting was dimmed. The
 A fabulous version of "someday the warner"(fr arhoolie,covered by superfriendz
 on the edgefest7") was a highlight,as were "Not I" & "family photo" (a
 request). Sweet/surly. Never predictable. Will he be recording again
 soon? He has so many new songs! (Cool Blue Halo, on the other hand
 -last fri at birdland-same set as the last time they were in town
 complete with the same encores (sheilacomesaround&sweetiesaid), not to say
 it wasn't enjoyable,just not surprising)...love&happyholidaystoyouall,kat

   "anyone who's anyone will be there, but not I-I-I-I-I"
      -al tuck, Not I