Re: holiday show listings, coast poll, left hip news

Tara Lee Wittchen <tlwittch\!/acs.ucalgary.ca> had this to say about holiday show listings, coast poll,

}no one has posted this, so i will.

We figured you'd find out one way or another :)

}and for all you fans of _left hip_ a really cool 'zine/occasional
}compilation cassette, gordon isnor is back in town and is getting ready to
}make a new tape.

Gordon is also doing a free show, accompanied by the solo
performances of Warren Auld and Joel Plaskett, at Dio Mio, Spring
Garden at Brenton St, 9:00 saturday night.  So for anyone (like me)
who never managed to catch Preppy Relatives while Gordon lived here,
now's your chance.

}and has anyone heard the four track christmas tape from cinnamon toast
}yet? sure is sweet.

Not a hint of it.  Are they sure they don't want to sell this puppy?
I'm interested even without hearing any of it yet.

}and don't forget, new year's with lil orton hoggett and his ten cent
}wings. new year's eve.

And apparently the Avengers Seven will open, so you can't lose!  If
only I could convince my wife that a smoky bar full of drunken jocks
is the most romantic way to spend New Year's Eve...

And since Tara mentioned The Coast, I have to ask about the new
Johnny Cash, reviewed therein by Colin MacKenzie.  Does he drop the
tempo on Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage", and does he get all the screams
down?  I'm having a hard time imagining this song, but I'm sure it's
great.

Andrew