re:eric's trip and sloan early cassette rumors.

>The second is a cassette of  "Gluegun" by Sloan which was released in 1990
>the year peppermint was released. I don't ever remember this coming out,
>could someone like Mr. Mackenzie clarify it's existance or is this person
full >of shit.

"drowning" was ET's 3rd self released cassette.  I have not heard anything
about the gluegun cassette, but it is probably a promo for smeared, since
smeared was originally titled gluegun.  they had to change the name because
there was a band called gluegun.

Jay, "we were trying to come up with the blandest name possible"
Chris, "we wanted people to think, are they called smeared? or are they
called sloan?"

Doug

The Thrush Hermit Radio Blaster Homepage:
http://home.earthlink.net/~starkid59/th.htm