Re: let's talk about headphones....

Well you see "Peter" was my first Eric's Trip CD.  SO at first I thought
they were just kinda pukny poppy niches.  Then I got "Purple Blue", so I
was like "Hmmm well this is different".  After that "Love Tara" came into
my life(it's my fave so far).  And I would have to say that "Blinded" is
my fave track off that one.  It's not the "fast" beats.  It's that
whaling banshee scream that Julie pulls at the end.  It tears me in such
a personal way that I can not imagine.  I don't know what the "jock"
scene is in Canada(I did when I lived there but things change, and it
wasn't much at Burnaby South).  But here the jocks are into Hootie and
the Blowfish, Dave Mathews Band, Phish(it's a pot thang), and any other
"alternative"(I HATE THAT IT'S ROCK N ROLL DAMNIT) band that MTV is
injecting into their veins.  But I got "Forever Again" last.  I listened
to it(on my boom box) when I first got it and was just thinking "Dumb"
way to "mellow".  But on my Thanksgiving vacation I listened to it on the
plane(my discman was in tow).  SO then my mind went into some sort of
aftershock of "what the fuck is going on here in my head and to my
ears?".  I personally think that maybe "Forever Again" was meant to be a
"personal" album.  A CD that you listen to alone, at night, on
headphones.  I really like the little snip it of the little kidz "Hey
Laura, see you tomorrow"(is that how it goes?).  And is it "Forever
Again" that has that song thats backwards in one ear, forwards in the
other?  That's pretty fuckin' cool.  I like that one a lot.  But now onto
Elevator to Hell.  There is just way too much trippy stuff going on with
that CD(I only have parts 1-3).  It makes me fell like I am rideing the
zipper trippin' acid and then it switches to riding the marry-go-round
while smoking a nice kind bone.  Personally I wish I could write pleasant
songs like Rick White(well I wish I really could write like Tori Amos).
He is one of the best for this decade.  I really can not compare him to
anyone.  HE just has this sad, forlorn style.  And its not any of this
"Everyone hated me in High School, my parents gave me a 11:00pm curvue,
Yadda, yadda, yadda, bullshit".  It's love, it is broken love.  And I
just can't get enough of it.  But yes I think Elevator to Hell and some
of Eric's Trip should only be listened to alone, at night, on headphones.

Straight outta the bowel's of TexAss.  SonofScetchie lives in his
delicate universe.
Only to be bothered by Hockey, guitar's, the few women that he knows, and
his odd
obsession with pudding.