birdland show/violence in hfx

Undeterred by weekly reports of violence (the latest being a thurs-night
knife fight outside the doors...does anyone know more? I think the
problem has more to do with the cabaret license &3:30am close than any
undesirable indie-rock element:) sloan-size capacity crowd filled the
birdland for a very long (hr & a 1/2?) show by big sugar (nonEC sorry,
but surprisingly good, I guess I could talk about the al tuck halloween
show at NSCAD b/c it was funny too with al's unabomber costume & the
dancing man wearing a flower outfit keeping time to "misery" but that was
a while ago..). The heat was stifling, the guitar acrobatics were
cool/hilarious (picking with teeth & singing intothe hollow body), there was a
lot of erotic energy in the room, causing eventhe normally subdued former bass
player of coyote to flail around seductively(ok this was right after the band
had finished). There was only 1 fight! (b/w 2 people who at 1st appeared to be
tangoing) but *lots* of broken glass. why not grant birdland a 2am lounge
license (shows wouldn't finish as late, less violence?)

PS how was the orange glass show? (do orange glass & moonsocket now have
exactly the same personnel?)

  "its like having a cat..." - ct on fatherhood