good news, and not so good news.

    First, the not so good news:  the latest Island band compilation
will be out at the end of this week after a release party at the Barn
(oh, alas alack, the declining state of the only ok venue around).
    That's right -- "Eat This, Too" is about to be shoved onto the
unsuspecting public. "Eat This", or "Smell This" as it is called by
Mike Campbell (I could have died laughing), for those of you who
aren't in the know, was a comp released late last year of bands from
PEI.  In a word, it sucks. And whaddaya know, the follow up will
probably be a sequel in every aspect.  It's produced by a fellow
named Chris Corrigan, who is the epitomy of a record weasle -- he's
even worse than Waye! (haha... just kidding, W.)
      The only good thing about this comp is that SuperCar are
apparently on it again (what are they thinking?).  Although I must
say that as of late, my favourite little punksters aren't striking a
good chord with me (literally...ie they are getting musically
monotonous).

    That's everything that's going on on this side of the link.

The good news: come April 1, FACTOR is going to have an influx of
$750,000 because of a new (circa May '95, but it was just okayed in
August) endeavour by the Canadian Association of Broadcasters.
Looking for a grant for demos, touring, videos, CD production, etc?
why not try for one around that time?  Just thought all you industry
types would like that info if you didn't all ready have it.
I'm not sure what that money will be put towards, you might want to
call FACTOR and see if they've made up their minds yet....
MusicAction also has money going their way, though not as much. My
guess is around the same time, but I'm not sure.

That's all I have to say.
Sorry it's so lengthy.
Melissa