1996 music poll: i can't believe i'm doing this.

all right.  i'm volunteering my services again to do a
year-end music poll on sloan net.  there's always demand
for it and it's become part of the tradition here.
just remember the cardinal rule...

DON'T POST RESPONSES TO THE LIST.

send them to *me*...

i'm proposing the following categories, i've listed some nominations:

BEST EAST-COAST FULL-LENGTH
	- sloan _one chord to another_
	- eric's trip _purple blue_
	- jale _so wound_
	- plumtree _mass teen fainting_
	- cool blue halo _kangaroo_
	- moonsocket _moonsocket_
	- moonsocket _the best thing_
	- broken girl _broken girl_
	- rome plows _rome plows_
	- orange glass _protography_
	- orange glass _interstellar interstellar_

BEST EAST-COAST EP (10", 12", CD)
	- the super friendz _play the game, not games_
	- elevator to hell _part 3_
	- rebecca west _six more weeks of winter_
	- madhat _hardhitters_

BEST EAST-COAST 7" SINGLE
	- elevator to hell (the new one, what's it called)
	- orange glass (i think there's been two this year)
	- inbreds/plumtree split single
	- purple knight (sub pop)
	- moonsocket (i think the sub pop single was this year)
	- tara s'appart (homemade hearts)
i'm sure i'm missing some...

BEST EAST-COAST VIDEO
	- jale "all ready"
	- jale "ali"
	- sloan "the good in everyone"
	- sloan "everything you've done wrong"
i'm sure there's more videos that have been released this year
but i didn't watch any tv all year so someone else will have
to nominate stuff.

the following categories will all be write-ins,
we won't be taking nominations for them...

BEST EAST-COAST CASSETTE-ONLY RELEASE

BEST NON-EAST-COAST FULL-LENGTH

BEST NON-EAST-COAST EP

BEST NON-EAST-COAST 7" SINGLE

BEST NON-EAST-COAST VIDEO

BEST NON-EAST-COAST CASSETTE-ONLY RELEASE

don't start sending ballots yet.  for the next week,
i'll be taking nominations.  i want to stick to
these categories this year, 'cause ten is as many
as i can handle.  ok?

james