Re: La fin du monde

Gord Dimitrieff <gdimitri\!/chat.carleton.ca> had this to say about La fin du monde

}There's a particularly crazy beer from quebec called La fin du monde.
}it's tripple fermented and made of corn or wheat or something unusual,
}with 9.3% alc/vol...

Just to add my useless wit to this overblown thread, I prefer their
"Maudit" beer.  Heavy on flavour (and on sediment, decant carefully)
but lighter on alcohol (only 6%, methinks).  Vous Americains pouvent
te manger tes coeurs, avec votre Budweiser presque l'eau.

And I feel fine,

}magazine from New Brunswick called Vallium.  It was billingual and even
}had a lot of franglais type stuff.. it was absolutely hillarious (stuff
}like: D'abord on est alle a Mr.Sub pour determiner si leur veggie and cheese
}was any good)...

I recommend Miles Kington (Punch, The Independent), for example, the
Penguin Book "The Franglais Lieutenant's Woman".  "Vous n'avez pas
le temps pour un quick one, je suppose?"

              Only if you polish your computer screen
        will your true self be reflected in what you write.
Andrew P. Rodenhiser, student, http://is2.dal.ca/~aproden/home.html
Ph.D. Chemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada, B3H 4J3