Re: ceilidh: Lengthy Rants or Fear and Loathing in Sydney

"Rita MacNeil & the Tragically Hip."

Hmmm...that would be an interesting double bill.

"this must be proof that scientifically when someone deviates from the norm
in their private life that their entire catalogs of recording will start to
deteriorate in sound quality...now that would explain why my Thriller album
keeps skipping."

I know very little about Ashley MacIsaac, except what I've read here and the
one song that's being played on 89X (of which I like the fiddling, but that
chick's yodeling voice is very distracting).  One gay man from Canada is a
big difference from the delusional, desperate actions of a man still trying
to recreate a time where he was adored by millions, and when Thriller sold
44 million (or something like that), and yet still LAUGHABLY, PATHETICALLY
trying to fool the public into believing he's normal (yet God-like at the
same time).  I give Ashley, or anyone, credit for being honest about who
they are.

"To say that some people may be over acting is one thing... but in this
case, i would say that a true fan of music does not judge on such silly
criteria."

Ashley's gay?  So what?  But Michael Jackson has sleepovers with young boys,
and that's OK?  "Something stinks in suburbia..."

"the Ameri-centric values (ie money, ratings, and 'family' values) of trash
tabloid culture"

Sad, isn't it?  I don't even know what the hell "family values" are.  Are we
talking cooking together and needlepointing or what?  Quayle was certainly
talking out of his ass on that one (again).  But money and ratings, esp
money, is many an artist's nemesis, and not just in the US.

Good luck with the media, Iain!  And I hope everyone doesn't get their panties
in a wad about this thread.  It's very interesting and valid, IMO.