Sloan article in RIP

I don't usually buy RIP magazine (for example this month's issue
has the Presidents of the U.S.A. on the cover) but since I saw "Canadian
Rock - The Puck Stops Here" on the cover I had to see what it was about.
The article, called "The Puck Stops Here - CANADIAN ROCK", is almost
four pages long and mostly about Sloan. This suprised me, especially
since RIP is an American magazine, and it tends to cover heavier bands
(the next page is about Godflesh!).
	 Some of the information is wrong though: "..Halifax, a small
college town of Nova Scotia..." not "Halifax, the largest city east of
Montreal.." and it says that Patrick plays bass.  But it gives Canadian
music alot of credit: "Quicker than you can say, 'He has a break-away
across the blue line, he shoots, he scores!' another Canadian band is
producing a record better than most of the piffle you've been exposed to
by our lumbering record company collosals." and "They have mastered the
power-pop genre and have created  some incredible music, maybe better
than we deserve."
The article mentions Zumpano alot, and the Superfriendz, Chixdiggit, and
lists "essential Canadian releases" : All 3 Sloan records, Superfriendz,
both Zumpano, Pure, Punchbuggy, Northern Pikes, Limblifter, jale,
Inbreds, Hardship Post, Ginger, Eric's Trip, and Blue Rodeo.
--And if you were at an in-store in Vancouver, your picture may be in
there.
	Sorry, this was longer than I meant it to be!!

     						-Natalie