Re: Edgefest 95

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Jason Peter Schad wrote:

> Does anyone have a tape of Edgefest III?  I just saw the set list and saw
> that they played Same Old Flame and Why  I Didn't Like August 93.  I've
> read all the reviews in the past months, and as I was listening to my
> rarities tape yesterday and got to thinking, "How often do they play the
> rare stuff in concert?"  When I saw them, they didn't play any, but they
> only had 45 min.

I'm assuming they played all their rarities at Edgefest III(1995) because
they really intended to not play together that often. If I recall they
also played songs off `Smeared' and the `Peppermint e.p' also. So they
probably played all these songs just to please the fans one `last' time.
My god they even played `Underwhelmed' that day. That day was the only
time I have ever seen Sloan live and it was a beautiful experience.

As to a copy of the concert, I had pulled a bootleg/radio broadcast list
by different artists off one of the alt.music newsgroups which included
the Sloan Edgefest concert and well since then I have erased the file.
However I remember that the guy offering these bootlegs/radio broadcasts
lived in Scarborough(I think). He offered to dub any of his collection
for $10 per tape. Does anyone recall this person?

Mike