Re: Stooges

> I think it was a Nike commercial, the tune was "search and destroy" off of
> The Stooges "Raw Power" LP.  And that came out 4 or 5 years before before 1977!

Aaaaaaah! We have liftoff!!! So far, three have mentioned the song
"Search and Destroy", and two have mentioned the Stooges (one said
Iggy Pop), so I guess we have a winner! (I _knew_ it sounded like a
youthful Iggy, albeit much different from the "Lust for Life" voice.)
And the fact that I found out which album it came off of... Room 201,
here I come for some major fun!!! "...Hi Denis, would you have some
Stooges, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Steve Hackett, Pere Ubu, Van der Graff
Generator, PFM...Runs up to $200 for second-hand vinyl? Put it on my
Visa. Oh, and throw in the Orange Glass bootleg at regular price and
that should be it." S8^D~

Now, could anyone tell me what important event in history happened in
1977 to cause a referral? The arrival of the Sex Pistols, peut-etre?
"Eat your heart out on a plastic tray..." Best insult line I ever
heard. That and "Nous vous souhaitons un G*****n International"
(Misquoted line from a French Commercial, translated: We wish you an
International G*****n. Actually, the ad said "Meilleurs Souhaits de
Tandem International" (Best Wishes from Tandem International.)

Hmmmm, Letourneau... You wouldn't be originally from Margaree or the
vicinities, eh?

Babble mode now over,
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)

What?!?!?!? You honestly thought there would be a sig file here?
S;^)