Re: Sloan and 60s music

I agree totaly with the beach boys/ beatles sound and if you talk
with the boys, they'll agree too. I don't think any one can posibly
get ticked by saying sloan sounds like the best popular music that
the modern world has ever produced. who had better carears than the
Beatles and the Beach Boys?

> I can hear a little of the Beach Boy's in Sloan(all thanks to my dads bad
> assed oldies collection of vinyl).  I hear some Beatles also.  Then I
> just hear Sloan.  I hope that no one thinks that I am dissing Sloan by
> saying they sound like the Beach Boys cuz personally I think that they
> rock hard core on the sun tan lotion tip.
>
> Straight outta the bowel's of TexAss.  SonofScetchie lives in his
> delicate universe.
> Only to be bothered by Hockey, guitar's, the few women that he knows, and
> his odd
> obsession with pudding.
>

> On Tue, 29 Oct 96 18:45:54 EST "Gina Stough" <stoughg\!/vrinet.com> writes:
> >"Does anyone hear any Beach Boys influence in Sloan?  Jay Ferguson
> >laughed
> >at the idea, but I think it's obvious.  It's mainly Chris.  The high
> >falsetto (sic?):  come on, who else but Brian Wilson used it so much.
> >It's
> >not the music that reminds me of the Beach Boys, just Chris' voice.  I
> >
> >understand that Chris only recently bought some Beach Boys records,
> >but I
> >can't avoid hearing the influence.  Any comments?"
> >
> >I can see this, whether or not it's actually true.  Sloan's music
> >first reminded
> >me of the Hollies (w/Graham Nash), then the Byrds...which is great
> >IMO!
> >
> >Gina

{                    Roger Nelson                 }
{             cst19613\!/burridge.nscc.ns.ca        }