Sloan and 60s music

"Does anyone hear any Beach Boys influence in Sloan?  Jay Ferguson laughed
at the idea, but I think it's obvious.  It's mainly Chris.  The high
falsetto (sic?):  come on, who else but Brian Wilson used it so much.  It's
not the music that reminds me of the Beach Boys, just Chris' voice.  I
understand that Chris only recently bought some Beach Boys records, but I
can't avoid hearing the influence.  Any comments?"

I can see this, whether or not it's actually true.  Sloan's music first reminded
me of the Hollies (w/Graham Nash), then the Byrds...which is great IMO!

Gina