Inbreds on YTV??

So I get home from school, turn on the T.V., and what do I see? One guy on
drums, another on guitar, and the third guy just standing there singing
away. It sounded like the Inbreds, but I wasn't sure cause I'd never seen
them before. Come to think of it, the chorus of the song they were singing
was "...I wanna be your friend...".  It was a nice, happy little ditty!
I turned it on through mid-song, and of course after they were through
singing "that Phil guy" made no mention of who they were. So, can anyone
verify this or have mid-terms truely fried my brain?

Alfred