march and fight

well, the steaming toolie/hercules march and fight "tour" went well
this weekend.  it was going to be a "tour" but ended up being a one
night affair in fredericton with the superfriendz and zumpano.
hercules did a great set, although rather short.  i really would have
liked to hear more.  i don't know what i liked better though, the set
or the fireworks display after the show on the st. john river.
hmm...  zumpano were greater than i ever could have dreamed, even
though i love both their albums.  carl lisped through well over an
hour's worth of sheer glistening pop.  highlights were my fave from
the new one, "broca's ways" as well as "wraparound shades"; their
cover of "hooked on a feeling" won't soon be forgotten.  the
superfriendz headlined the show.  it was my first time seeing them
live, although i've seen them all over tv a million times.  it was
just what i expected.  great energy, amazing drumming (lonnie has the
fastest kick foot i've seen in quite awhile), and total rock
schtickness (including some cute old table jumps from matt).  the
show was a blast and you can see highlights probably this coming
sunday night on mucheast.  later,jon
"animals are for eating."  eric.