[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
the East Coast Name Game (long)
hi everyone :)
well, here's the moment you've all been waiting for! The answers to the
East Coast Name Game :) We (D'Arcy and i) send a big congrats to the
winner, as well as hugs to the many entrants! i've included some of the
not-quite-correct responses as well, just for fun :) The average score was
8.6/20 so no one made a fool of themselves. If points were given for
creativity and entertainment value, there would've been a lot of perfect
scores :) :) :) :)
The East Coast Name Game
1. What is Jay Ferguson's full name?
John Howard Ferguson
[as said by CM of the band S. "Turn up the echo and let's go Johnny go!"
sang the Local Rabbits :) Tries included: Jay Peter, Jay Chris, Jason,
Jay-thesungetsinmyeyes-, and Jason Alexander.]
2. Name all three (past and present) drummers for the Super Friendz.
Chris Murphy, Dave Marsh, Lonnie James
[a lot of people didn't know Lonnie's last name. Bonus marks were given for
T.C., but no one had the smarts ;) to put that in. Remember kids, it's
Lonnie James, not Lonnie Anderson :) ]
3. What is Al Tuck's real name?
[see _in the meantime..._ #3 :) Attempts included: Alfred Tuckemupus, Alan
Tuckenhagen, Al Tuck and Fold, Allister Cookie ;) and Alan Tuckson]
4. What is the name of Thrush Hermit's tour bus?
[read about it in _murderscene_ #2! Better (!) suggestions included: The
Love Machine, Highway to Hell, Ford Econoline Special, White Lightening, The
Happy Wanderer, The Wheels of Steel, and The Patriot ("i've got a solid
heart of steel/ it rests in my ribcage and turns all the wheels...")]
5. Name the producer of the Monoxides up-coming album.
TPOH's Moe Berg
[no kids, not Brenndan MacGuire :) ]
6. Name Plumtree's current bassist.
[see _in the meantime...._ #4 :) ]
7. Name the song and artist that Ashley MacIsaac and jale covered for his
first full length album for a major label.
"What an Idiot He Is" by Bob Snider
[coincidentally, Bob is from the east coast! How's that for ECC? :) Good
attempts by those who tried "Staying Alive" by the BeeGees]
8. Where did the name Eric's Trip come from?
Sonic Youth song off of _Daydream Nation_
9. Give the name of the fifth Local Rabbit.
[also known as the guy selling merch. Why we're giving him celebrity status
in this survey, i don't know. Read about him in _Marcus Said "Magazen"_ #1.
A lot of people thought the answer was Jay F. or "big brown" Brian Waters.
10. Name the label Hip Club Groove are now on.
11. Name what Stinkin' Rich is? (hint -- the answer is not "a rapper" or "a
[the first line from one of his tracks goes: "Stinkin' Rich is X-Rated".
Laughs or groans went to: a metaphor, terrible, what the Sex Pistols are,
a blood thirsty villain, a hip hopper]
12. Name the studio that Hardship Post's first murder release was recorded
13. Name the group that Zumpano covers on their murder 7".
[no, not the 3 Tenors or the BeeGees, but the Beatles' "Long and Winding
14. Name the month and year that the State Champs' "Nevada Downs" 7" was
[one response was: "july of 93 (and a shot rang out in the darkness....)"
15. Name the two groups spawned by Bubaiskull.
Rebecca West and Coyote
[practically everyone knew about Rebecca West. Other theories included:
Sloan (!?!?!), Staja Tanz, Thrush Hermit (a few times), Grace Babies, Great
Big Sea, Hardship Post, Plumtree, Super Friendz, and Rebecca East :) ]
16. Name the Super Friend that used to be in Leonard Conan.
Matthew :) Murphy
[you can make out his background vocals in "Frightened of..." on the _Pub
Slop_ 7" or on the _Trim Crusts if Desired_ compilation on Cinnamon Toast
Records. He's also listed in the _Hear and Now '92_ comp]
17. Name the original members of Orange Glass.
[as mentioned in _in the meantime..._ #6.... oops, it's not out yet! heehee
18. Name the song that Strawberry contributed to the Plumtree/Strawberry
"Buried Treasure" OR "In Season"
19. Name the label that Tara S'Appart's new 7" is released on.
Homemade Hearts Records
[as mentioned on Sloan Net :) Nice try with: "Dreamsmith Records" :) ]
20. Name the label that the first jale 7" was released on.
bonus---> give the name of the first jale 7"
Cinnamon Toast, _Aunt Betty_
thanks for entering :)