Re: schmontroversy.

>let's face it, those of you obsessed with sloan hairstyles
>can already get your fill of the band through the corporate-
>sposored media like _impact_ (and props to them for being
>way better than the other record-store freebie mags) and
>muchmusic.  i'm not interested in a sloan net that only
>repeats what people already know or do.

Wow, James, that smarts! Your rather nasty remark makes me feel the need to
point out a couple of things:
1. iMPACT's (my) Sloan story was not about their hairstyles
2. iMPACT is not corporate-sponsored (unfortunately, I sometimes think). We
take advertising to pay the bills, just like exclaim, the chart, the coast
and EVERY other magazine, whether you think of them as indie or whatever
other bullshit term. iMPACT is free in record stores because that's an
excellent way to have a high circulation and get it distributed to music
fans across the country.

I unsubscribed a few months ago when Chris Murphy's foot obsession was the
most interesting topic anyone could think of. I came back to read reports
of the HOM festival, but nothing has improved. With all the talk about
Sloan Net's mission, one idea has occurred to me that you all might want to
consider: PERHAPS YOU REALLY HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.