Re: laura borealis (sp?)- sebadoh, thrush herit and T.S. El

> they once said their name was from the name of a bird....-the hermit
> thrush- they learned that in summer camp.  they just kinda took it in
> backwards....yup.  it really is a bird....check it out in the encyclopedia.
> thats all. bye bye.
>
> *doom*

The Hermit-Thrush may be a real bird , But the bird they learned
about at camp would have been Wapomeo which is also the name of the
camp. I just happen to work at this camp with Anna Plasket. The word
really means " laughing bird" or " happy place" It's an old indian
word. I don't know what band/language it's from. But it's not the
name of those four hipsters band (three of which attended the camp)

 Roger Nelson
 Canoe/Windsurf Director
 Camp Wapomeo