Re: just a question..

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, jASON wrote:

> I agree with some of Catano's arguments that we don't need 10 postings a
> day from one person, especially lame ones of the "Chris looked at me at the
> show last night and I almost died..." variety.  It's true...noone else
> cares!!

I think this illustrates a point of short sightedness.
Although I don't particularly care, I cannot say that on one else care.
Yes, posting ten times in one day is wrong, but as for the starstruck
content -  For all I know, there might be lots of subscribers who do
enjoy reading those kind of
posts, and are for exactly that reason subscribed to sloannnet.  In fact,
there may be more people who like that sort of posts than people like me
and jASON who do not.  Saying "I saw Chris and almost died" is certainly
Sloan content, who am I to say that it is inadmissable to Sloannet
because me and a bunch of other people don't like it?  There are lots of
fan-type posts like this, so it is not just one fan who posts like that,
there are many people who enjoy it.

  Post to your friends personally and tell them about your true love
> experience, I don't want to hear it.  We also don't need people posting
> questions like asking how much a certain 7" costs.  James has e-mail
> addresses for many labels, so you can e-mail them directly and ask this.
> These posts are just a waste of everyone's time.

Some labels (read: smaller ones) are extremely prompt with their replies,
Squirtgun is certainly one of them, however some are not.  Murder in
particular (and I know they're not reading so I'm not afraid of being
blacklisted or anything) has been extremely lax regarding my questions
about prices.  They may get quite a few letters like that from here, but
it is probably nothing compared to the 35,000 other copies they've sold
and their tour, interviews,videos, etc.

Sloan is getting big now, and sloannet is too (how about it James?
Figures?).  So...yeah whatever.
-dream.