saturday at the birdland

hercules - i'm happy with the our set :)

rome plows - had a few very minor technical difficulties, but lender and
andy's banter(and wacky anticks(sp?)) kept everyone entertained, even
those two australian lasses.  they played a number of my favourites
including eyeball, and that monkey with an afro song.  i really don't
know the titles to most of them, but they have a number of incredible
songs.  very rock and roll, bluesy and jazzy with thuddy, at times rapid
fire delivery.  I've come to really appreciate lender's bass playing, and
mike's vocal.  These two elements about the band have not really been
given their due(sp?). Lender is one solid bass player, and provides an
important layer to the full sound that the rome plows deliver.  Mike's
vocal is one that i think is similar to what rick white does, not the
most powerfull vocalist, but uses his voice effectively over the sound
the band creates.  the plows unvailed a new lender song, and it was
pretty good, nowhere near as tight as the others, but show all the
makings of a standby.  btw, they played straight tonight, they played one
of the best shows i've seen.

rebecca west - played alot of new stuff, i'm glad.  They also played
well, i thoroughly enjoyed the set. it seemed to me that everyone was on,
for some reason i really noticed allyson's voice(apart from the fact
she's singing all the songs) she seemed to hitting all the notes just
right(i don't know what that means, apart from it was enjoyable).  I
never tire of seeing this band, i hope that the new songs mean a new
release sometime soon, maybe in the new year, their ought to be a
rebecca west 7" out there to purchased.

kay, everyone be happy :)

Jim