Re: lyrical assistance

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996 LNUSCIM.JZZFR1\!/eds.com wrote:

> Okay, I have a strange question for you. I know all of the Sloan
> lyrics are available on the web page, but I'm wondering about one
> of them, this one from "Median Strip" --
>
> Point came for you to be
> gettin' close to me
>
> I've listened to this song over and over again and I swear it
> sounds like "Glenn Close to me."  Yes, I know, this sounds
> ridiculous, but this song came out in '92, which I think was
> about the same time the movie Fatal Attraction came out.
> Does anyone think it is possible he was using this term to
> refer to someone who is getting obsessively close?  Or am I
> just crazy?

You may be correct. I don't have a copy of Smeared with me to listen to,
but let us not forget that "Median Stip' is based on "Inheirt (sp?) the
Median Strip" by Laura Boreallis.  I haven't read the book (because it's
harder than hell to get a copy) so I don't know for sure.  And I always
thought Fatal Attraction came out in the 80's
Jason