Re: what is the reason

Tara Lee Wittchen wrote:
> telling me the price tag for a sloan ticket is $17. the last time we saw
> them in calgary, when they were on a big wig :) record label, tickets were
> $10. the times before, it was $8.
> can someone in the know please explain the jump in prices? if this is
> really what they must ask for in order to stay relatively independent and
> comfortable, well, ok. but it does seem a little weird to jump up 7 bucks
> just like that.

Well, maybe they need the money to buy cocaine, fast cars, and fancy women.
But I doubt it, if people pay that much let them... touring isn't cheap, so
if they want to actually profit at all from this (and why shouldn't they?)
that's what it takes. Lemme see, plus they gotta pay the opening acts..
I'd say it's worth it if you like all of those bands..
..pay the price for everything you've done wrong Brendan.

PS, It's concivable that _I_ could be wrong about it, bah, whatever.