Re: what is the reason

Bandwagonesque <maenon\!/webgate.net> writes:

> its actually quite simple, when yr band is starting out you charge a cheaper
> price so people will actually come out and see you, but as you get bigger
> you will have more people who want to see you, so you charge more.

 I don't think that argument really washes in this case Shawn. During
 the "Smeared era" when 500 Up was getting tonnes of airplay, they
 played in Victoria for under $10. Now they're playing UVic for $17! I
 don't think that they are any bigger now than they were then. Maybe
 even the opposite.

 That being said, I can't wait to see Sloan again, and having the Inbreds
 open is icing on the cake.

 (If you're going to reply to me directly by mail, make sure you send to
 "bduncan\!/infoload.islandnet.com" and not to this address. This is just
 a cheap kludge to let me post to Sloan Net again. :) ).