Re: what is the reason

On Sat, 28 Sep 1996, Tara Lee Wittchen wrote:

> hello sloan net...
>
> my friends back home in calgary, and my friends in western canada, are
> telling me the price tag for a sloan ticket is $17. the last time we saw
> them in calgary, when they were on a big wig :) record label, tickets were
> $10. the times before, it was $8.

I'm not saying that I like paying $17 bucks either to see Sloan but
considering that Sloan seems to sell out 1000+ seat venues across Canada,
especially larger cities like Toronto, then the $17 ticket seems
justified. Plus you're also getting openers like Elevator to Hell and
Local Rabbits. And if they actually make a profit off this tour, the
Sloan boys can finance new or existing projects for Murderecords. Tickets
in Toronto for the Sloan show are(or were ... it might be sold out)
$15.50 and so far that's a bargain for me.

Mike