Re: advertisement and more?

>any opinions on the viability of the sanctuary as a performance space?
>two shows down and not a lot of comment - seems like an interesting topic
>for discussion.  why is it that a bill featuring BOTH rebecca west and
>thrush hermit can not draw any sort of crowd At all?  appaantly people in
>this town want to see beer, not bands.

i can think of five reasons off the top of my head.

- the sanctuary is a new space that many people don't know about yet.
- some people are all rocked out because of halifax on music.
- many people in this town make their entertainment decisions using
  the listings in _the coast_.  this gig was not advertised.
- the atlantic film festival has started, and some of the showings on
  saturday were big draws (_jude_, experimental animation).
- rebecca west never *are* a big draw around here.

as far as the space itself, i think it's great.  perfect size and
decent acoustics.  nice location.

james

     _James Covey  <jrcovey\!/cochran.com>_    sloan net is a discussion of the
 ___| | ___   __ _ _ __      _ __   ___| |_  halifax / east coast music scene
/ __| |/ _ \ / _` | '_ \    | '_ \ / __| __| hosted by Bluenose Web - Halifax
\__ \ | |_| | |_| | | | |   | | | |  __| |_   http://bluenose.canadaweb.com
to unsub, send the message LEAVE to <sloannet-request\!/bluenose.canadaweb.com>
Zedd recordZ/daydream records po box 29057 hfx shopping centre hfx NS B3L 4T8