(Fwd) Re: advertisement and more?

Date:          Mon, 23 Sep 1996 22:24:48 -0400
To:            sloannet\!/bluenose.canadaweb.com
From:          Bandwagonesque <maenon\!/webgate.net>
Subject:       Re: advertisement and more?

At 08:49 PM 9/23/96 -0300, you wrote:
>pisses them off.  keep it discreet, that way everybody wins.  calling
>your fans assholes and spitting on them is definately not cool.  rockstar
>sissy fits are so 1993 (oh bitter irony...).  if moshing bothers you so
>much - don't go to shows.  if their fans bother them so much, maybe
>sloan  shouldn't play shows.  oh i forgot ... frat boys and jocks don't
>really like them, only YOU do.

   Maybe instead of whinning about the sunday church goer fans
ruining the show you've been anticipating for months for you, you
should take the initiative and tell them what you think of their
behavior. Or do what I did last saturday after getting suckerpunched
one time too many: stand in a relatively sedate part of the pit and
start chain smoking!!! when the frat boys start yelling at you (you
don't have to worry about the health nuts as they tend to stay out of
the pit all together) about how you keep burning them when they bump
into you, simply advise them to stop bumping into you. Simple enough?

Take care, D Aaron Petrie