(Fwd) Re: advertisement and more?

Date:          Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:21:37 -0400
To:            sloannet\!/bluenose.canadaweb.com
From:          jrcovey\!/cochran.com (James Covey)
Subject:       Re: advertisement and more?

>any opinions on the viability of the sanctuary as a performance space?
>two shows down and not a lot of comment - seems like an interesting topic
>for discussion.  why is it that a bill featuring BOTH rebecca west and
>thrush hermit can not draw any sort of crowd At all?  appaantly people in
>this town want to see beer, not bands.

  I'd be inclined to agree with sen,or Covey on the space's
acoustics, although the sound equipment (or possibly soundmen) seem
like they could use a little work. Tables and chairs would come in
handy (even if we can't put beers on the tables or collapse from
"overdoing it" into the chairs).
      On the all ages show issue, I'm going to have to take issue
with mike . I'm sure the lack of drinks did keep out a few
people, but I've got a sneaking feeling that certain "hipsters" in
this town are just " above"  rawkin' out with the all ages crowd.
How's that for  elitist???
  I did manage to chat with one of the employees as I was waiting
outside the doors on saturday, and he said that the plans were in
place to set up a 24 hour cafe with free internet access, and to hold
what he called "alcoholic events".(I'm pretty sure he meant serving
drinks at certain shows, as opposed to a 12 step program for
scenesters..     :) Anyone out there have any clue as to how
liscences for that would work??.

   take care, Aaron Petrie

  ps.   Best of all, due to the club's being conveniently located
accross from the mediteraneo, next time some otherwise top drawer
band starts to believe their own hype and play 45 minutes of straight
wankery,  I can go across the street and drown my sorrows in an all
day breakfast. (choice of bacon, ham, or sausage, Home fries, 2  eggs
any style and bottomless coffee for under $3.00!!!).... Just kidding,
The show blew my mind.....

   Take care, D. Aaron Petie