Birdland Article in Sunday Daily News

    There's an article in the Sunday Daily News that says that Greg
Clark has signed a lease for the space on Barrington Street which
was formerly the gay bar The Studio.  The CIBC opened a call center
downstairs from the Birdland in the winter (dumb idea) and had been
complaining about the bass. The bands will apparently play in a
downstairs space about 2/3 the size of the current Birdland band
space.  Considering that Clark says Sloan's HOM appearance was the
first time they'd ever had to turn people away at the door, I think
smaller is probably better.
    No mention of the rumours of Clark's financial woes, like his
inability to pay his staff or the bands (apart from the collossal
sum The Sloany Corporation supposedly got for headlining HOM), so I
guess it's all untrue?

Here I go again,
Andrew

--
"Never imagine yourself to be  otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were  or might have been  was not otherwise than