Re: Hercules/(Rome Plows)/SixToo/Avengers 7

Jim Cooper

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, Andrew P. Rodenhiser wrote:

>     Well, last night I was looking forward to a great bill at
> Birdland.  Hercules, Rome Plows and Avengers 7, among the most
> talked about new bands in Haligon, and I'd not seen any of them yet.
> I left only mildly disappointed.
more than i can say

>     The crowd was abysmally small, even for a $3 Thursday gig.
> Hercules held off until 11:20 hoping for more of an audience.
Actually, we were waiting for the sound guy to show up.

>They
> played well, I enjoyed Jim's picking, even when he only had 5
> strings, but his vocals were unintelligible, which was a shame
> because I'm sure he writes a lot of deep poetry.
bwaaaaahaaahaaaaaa, mopey maybe %0

>Brendan really
> towers over a drumkit.  Rod looked even grumpier than he sounds
> online, and seemed thoroughly displeased with the soundman.
Well, what i think was going on is that rod found out that the def
leppard show wasn't sold out, and that he was missing his favourite band,
next to Genesis :)

>     The Avengers 7 woke up the small crowd with their surf/lounge
> act, complete with dress clothes, ties, and an introduction by the
> maitre d'.
I don't think I've seen so many people up dancing(genuinely) for a band
at the birdland in a long time, complete with the "as it happens" theme
song.  I was feeling pretty rotten up until those avenger hepsters took
the stage.