Re: sloan tour -- help!

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 LNUSCIM.JZZFR1\!/eds.com wrote:

> I met Chris Murphy when Sloan played the 89X Fest in Michigan in June.  He was
> funny and extremely nice.  He signed autographs for well over an hour, possibly
> closer to two.  Unfortunately they didn't get to play very long since it was a
> festival and they weren't headlining.  (Apparently the Screaming Trees are a
> bigger draw than Sloan here - how embarrassing!)  Chris was extremely upset
> about missing 7-Year Bitch while he was signing autographs (he was kidding.)  I
> mentioned to him that I saw them back in '93 in Pontiac and he actually
> remembered the name of the venue.  What a memory!

I met Chris there too, I also was quite near Patrick.  Talked to Jenny
and Eve too.  Talked to Chris for a half hour when he first got there.
My friends to pictures with them.  He's a great guy. Showed us his
driver's licence and H.S. I.D.  As for after the show, it was more like
two hours worth of autographs.  He said the same thing about 7 Year Bitch
to me.  I think after the show he was kind of mad that he was stuck over
there and the line kept getting longer and longer.  He had every right to
be mad if he was.  I'd be too. My brother was wearing his Star Wars shirt
and Chris said "Okay star Wars, what's your name? "  The two had a small
star wars conversation and then Chris quoted Han Solo or something like
that.  It was quite an expirience. We left after that, who cares about
Screaming Trees?  I had seen sloan and met the love of my life, Eve.
89x Fest was defenetly an awsome expirence.

=       Jason Schad              =   "People talk about fun,        =
=   jschad\!/engin.umich.edu       =    Well that's overrated.        =
=    5114 Bush/ S. Quad          =    See it comin' down the line,  =
=    600 E. Madison St.          =    Move around it...."           =
=      Ann Arbor, Mi             =          from-"Down in Flames"   =
=       48109-1372               =          by the Superfriendz     =