hortense on music.

I'm home.
hooray.

a nice weekend. but a little long.

first of all, hats off to Proper Productions
and their excellent festival. A success
indeed.
it was definitely worth the trip and i can't
think of too many bad sets that i was
witness to...although there were a few bad
soundmen.

There have been a lot of complaints about
wonderful band X at venue A versus wonderful
band Y at venue B or whatever, but I have to
say, that I think the set up for this
festival kicked ass.  so i missed state
champs and giant sand (which was somewhat
distressing) but in the end who cares?  if
you have to miss one great band for another
it's no big deal, just be happy you didn't
miss a great band for a shitty one.

definite highlights of the weekend were Al
Tuck at the Comic Jam and Tim Robbins
Experience at the birdland on sunday (but
anything with Little Orton participating
takes the cake)...though i thoroughly
enjoyed the pushkings and duotang as well.
I agree with the sentiments of Brendan about
the sloan show...it was a good set, but boy
did the atmosphere suck.

the only thing that would make this weekend
better would be if i could get all the ink
from the damn stamps off my friggin' hand...

Melissa