Re: eric's Trip

nope...I don't think so...my vote would go for skinny puppy, or
SNFU...some would say it might even go back to some of the west coast
punk scene, but the first bands that truly crossed the border might be
these...or even, (don't dis me) 54-40, who 10 years ago were the great
alterna-hope and were one of the first indie bands to get signed with a
major...they were also one of the first to get dropped stateside by said
major :P  mind you, funny how it is...if it weren't for ET, I may have
never turned my attention to the east coast (well, I would have, but it would
have taken much longer)...I still remember the days when they'd show little
snippets of ET shows on city limits and wondering when the hell I would
ever find anything by ET...that's why they will always be in my heart. I
found Peter before I found Smeared...the rest is history...and so are they...

I would say, however, that ET were probably the first East Coast band to
start making waves in the US (at least in the US east coast). Sloan were
the icing on the cake, but from what I remember, ET started getting
attention before Sloan did...