Re: FW: The Sloan in-store tour

Look I am not going to get into an argument about this but I want to make
two points:

1) Which is better - an in-store in August and a show in Sept/Oct or nothing
until Oct.? At least people get to see the band for half an hour, and meet
them. Giving people the *basic gist* is exactly what is needed to make new
fans - and everyone wants to expand their fan base. Who would begrudge a
band that? And hey, if you don't like in-stores no one is forcing you to go.
 Some people are actually excited about getting to see their fave bands up
close and personal like that.  They're much more intimate that club shows,
or larger venue shows.  Personally I LIKE the accesibility of in-stores and
that feeling that you're seeing something very special.
2) This bitching about "corporate sellout" crap is tired.  Sloan is about
the furthest thing from "corporate" that I can imagine. People are WAY too
quick about jumping on that
bandwagon.
 Also, seeing as this all started about the Calgary in-store in particular
I'd like to point out that Megatunes is an independent store.  Also, I would
like to point out that Megatunes has recently expanded and the store should
be able to hold 150-200 people in it and there is a stage built right into
the store.

Also James, I liked your analogy of the movie trailer.  Last time I checked
you were likely to see a movie trailer about 3-6 weeks in front of the
movie's actual release.  Interesting that this little taste is coming around
the same amount of time in front of a tour, now isn't it?

Luv & kisses....
Cori
(honest, I'm not always this bitchy)