Re: what's past is past

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, heather cooper wrote:

> I went to the superfriendz show at the X Club last Sunday.  My friends all
> phoned at the usual time that evening seeing if I wanted to watch them get
> drunk in an abandoned house ( I don't drink, so you can imagine my
> excitement).  I was thinking about taking some friends to the show, but this
> inspired me to ditch them, and, get this.....go alone.  So I took the half
> hour drive to Hamilton which was kind of scary cuz I don't know the area so
> well and sat down for the mediocre opening bands.

>  When I got home my
> friends all made fun of me because i was at a superfriendz show with no
> friends.  But I will admit that those Hamilton all agers were really cool
> about me being there alone, which is something the Toronto scene would not
> be cool about.

I won't comment on the Toronto all-ages scene(because I haven't been to
any all ages shows) but I've gone to shows at the Toronto bars myself
several times and people are totally cool about it. It's not that I
wouldn't mind going with someone but I've found it difficult to drag any
one of the few friends I have to live shows because they aren't quite
into the same music as me. (Although I am slowly introducing my friend
Dino to the east-coast music scene who I managed to drag to a Plumtree
show as well as the recent Sappy Tour show...and he actually liked the
music!) I've found that if you go to a show alone, you know it's a good
show when you're totally into the music rather than feeling self-consious
about being there by yourself.

Mike