aussie challenge...

actually, it seems people on this list know more australian bands than I
would thought...you guys just don't flood our market !!!
then again, think to maybe 5 or 10 years ago, and tell me
the canadian bands that would have come to mind...if it weren't for the
Sloan explosion, we wouldn't be this lucky...as an oldie, who sort of
remembers when loverboy (eek !) and honeymoon suite (ay caramba !) or
platinum blonde (lordy !) were famous, I think we got to thank Nirvana
and Sloan big time for what's happening now...not many easily available
compilations out of Australia though, you know ?  ok...what about the
Church, they're australian...and a slice of heaven when you're in the
mood for lush guitar pop...best australian band ?  midnight oil...without
a doubt...they may not do it musically so much anymore, but there are few
bands that can rock so hard on stage...Hoodoo Gurus are old too, but boy
can the rock !!!!  one of the loudest concerts I've ever been to...musically,
You Am I are just like butter...and Smudge write the songs that Evan Dando
could have written if he weren't in love with the mirror...kudos to Ben Lee
and Noise Addict too...people who are amazed at the talent of 16 year old
australian dudes are looking the wrong way if they're looking at
silverchair...Ben Lee's gonna be somethin'...

it's funny you mentioned INXS...'cause on that 80's weekend on Much
Music, I shuddered to think I actually bought an INXS album a long time
ago...hehe...but hey...Men At Work are still the best !!! ;)